Thursday, December 6, 2012

Making and knowing when to draw the line




In my creative space this week I printed some more of my 'lights' design, this time using a different colour palette. I loved the neon design I printed last time but was keen to try another colourway. This one feels more like me.

I had fun experimenting with printing on different woven fabrics and love how different the inks and design can look on different materials. I found that when I printed on the coarsers fabrics (more open weave) the texture comes through really nicely and becomes an element in the design. I love the coarse linen but really love the effect on the hessian (burlap ). It's the first time I've printed on it and loved the effect, experimenting with mixing inks directly on the screen. I've got lots of ideas around this. Hopefully one day I'll get to explore it further.
As with the neon colourway I made some purses and also a larger clutch purse, all gone to The Sweets Workshop for sale.

So that's it for me on the 'making to sell' front at the moment. I really love doing it, and enjoy people enjoying my designs, but I've found it pretty hard going juggling my 3 littlies and household, and the myriad of activities, needs and wants of everyone. And I know from past experience that when the super late nights start to stack up I end up being grumpy mummy and no one is happy :-(
For the next couple of weeks I need to get organised and make those special homemade gifts that I have in mind.

How are you doing in the run up to the holiday season?

Visit my creative space for lots of creative goodness.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love the neons and I love these colours too, just my palette though I wouldn't have thought to include that deep pinky orange, its great.
    Its hard that juggling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fabulous...made simple much simpler purses myself...love your printing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So different, but just as cool as the neon. You should start a fabric range! I have such a long to do list and I keep procrastinating...not sure why!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails