Thursday, August 2, 2012

Printing and drop cloths

In my creative space this week I've got a ridiculous amount of projects going on simultaneously. It's fun but frustrating too, so I'm going to try to clear a couple soon. Amongst all the others (which I'll share soon) I've been squeezing in a bit of  time here and there to print a bit more of my lights design.
And planning on sewing it up with a piece of lovely ribbon and one of these zips. I get a kick out of just gazing at this pile of coordinating bits and pieces. Is it just me or do you love zips, ribbons etc too?

And also looking over at the emerging haphazard accidental design coming from my printing table drop cloth and thinking of maybe using it for something, inspired by Leslie's drop cloth art and also the various drop cloth fabric designs around. Maybe a new wallet like the one in  this tutorial. My current wallet is embarrassingly shabby, so this project should probably go to the top of the queue!

I hope you're having a creative week too, but with a bit less chaos than is happening here :-) Lots more to enjoy over here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of those colours and the way you've overprinted them.
    I have an unhealthy love of zips and a drawer full of every colour and size. And worse still I am almost loathe to use them, I'm such a hoarder!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your final project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours together, no wonder you're inspired! And when I saw your drop cloth I couldn't help but think of the drop cloth pouches over at Bookhou. Can't wait to see the finished shebang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I go a little giddy at the sight of a bundle of zips and ribbon... sigh! Love those colours and your accidental artistic drop sheet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I really like the drop cloth too! Very abstract and colorful. I love notions too - I'm especially partial to vintage notions like seam binding and bias tape!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails