Friday, November 4, 2011

Little felt purses for the fete



Amongst all of the sewing I've been doing for the school fete tomorrow (tote bags, zip purses, tissue holders), these little felt purses for girls have been my favourite to make.



They're a simple little design, totally ripped off from this great tutorial I found via Pinterest.



To each one I've added little flower embellishments with more felt, buttons, embroidery and a few little beads here and there.



Wool felt is so lovely to work with, it irons well, is easy to stitch and the thicker weight is quite sturdy.



I can't make up my mind if the purses are sweet or a bit twee and naff. But no matter, judging by my girls' reactions they will hopefully sell: "pleeease can you make me one mum, pleeease!"



And hopefully the pile below will sell too... wish me luck ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I wish you were making these for our school fete, I would definitely buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO not "a bit twee and naff" they are totally sweet and gorgeous! I'm sure they will go very well at the fete :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for post it, I'll try it this week!
    Regards,
    Carmen from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous! I love the felt flowers and little zippered pouches are so useful and great gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails