Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My new Lotta book



Is there anything more exciting than receiving a new longed-for craft book in the post? I think not! And particularly when it's a stylish and beautifully photographed book like Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living.



Like a lot of crafts people I am hugely inspired by Lotta's simple, pared down Scandinavian style. Her projects are always simple and achievable.



I'm enjoying working my way through the book page by page, reading Lotta's tips and thoughts on design. A few projects I have bookmarked so far are:

• fabric baskets (which are everywhere at the moment but somehow Lotta's look better)

• kids blind decoration

• quilt for my bed - a classic example of Lotta's style - great fabrics quickly cut, sewn together and enjoyed. Based on the 'Gee's Bend quilts' (first time I've heard of this - sounds much more my style than ordinary quilts needing precision, accuracy and patience!)

Now I just need the big new (old) house to decorate ;-)

I know I'll refer to this book many more times in future, as I do with her printing book. Have I justified the cost well enough yet?! Do you have a favourite craft/homewares book at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! The life is funny sometimes! I had no idea who Lotta was until I read this blogpost! I´m from Sweden and I wonder, how did I miss her? She makes really nice things!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    isn't it bizarre how these things work. Like when I stumble upon a new craft or technique and get hugely excited about it, then realise that it's been out there in webland for ages!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails