Monday, May 9, 2011

Scenes from Mothers Day


Hello and happy Mothers Day for yesterday!

With the Mr back from his work trip I was treated to my traditional Mothers Day of lovely handmade cards and drawings, a voucher for a massage and facial (can't wait!) and lunch at my favourite vegetarian yum cha place Bodhi. The restaurant has all the seating outside in a lovely setting with a big park next door for the kids to play in...

They had leaf races...



While I lay in the beautiful warm sunshine looking up at the leafy city view...



and fabulous plants...



And then we went to eat...



Lovely dumplings...



And tofu 'money bags' to name just 2 dishes. I love the yum cha style of having lots of dishes presented for you to accept or decline, I guess it's the polar opposite to being the sole cook for the family day in and day out!



Then I got some precious time to myself. And of course I chose to work on some sewing. I cut out the pieces for a new dress with some of my favourite music playing. Ah, bliss!

- - - - - - - - - -

And I am very excited about starting my KCWC project tonight. The pattern is traced and the beautiful fabric is drying as I type. The challenge will be to drag myself away from it tonight and get some sleep as usual. Hopefully I'll have something to show you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails