Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nature as art


The very beautiful and detailed sea urchin shell, a marvel of pattern and form.

Have you seen the beautiful Geninne's Art Blog? She is an amazing artist, has a lovely sense of style and a house to die for! I think I just want to be her :-)

Inspired by this post and also this one from Soulemama I thought I'd show you some of my favourite pieces of nature used as art around our home.


A mobile made from finds from a trip to the beach: driftwood, broken shells, seaweed, leaves and pussy tails


One in my collection of seed pods


And another - the lotus seed pod

The protea flower with its beautiful architectural form


Mixing wood, glass and flora. Is there a better combination of elements?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails